Part Time (30-39 Hours) with Health Benefits
Bank Teller Newcastle HomeStreet Bank
Perform a variety of teller services such as processing deposits, withdrawals, and payments. Process automatic transfers and update customer account information. Where appropriate, explore customer needs and cross-sell bank services. Make appropriate referrals to other business units for non-banking products. At all times, provide superior customer service.
Teller Activities (Up to 80% of time)
- Provides daily deposit services such as handling deposits, withdrawals, holds, loan payments, travelers checks, stop payments, telephone transfers, direct deposits, cash advances, sight drafts, verifications of deposit, ATM card requests, and other related matters.
- Maintains cash handling within prescribed limits, accurately count, receive and disburse cash, correctly handle mutilated and bait currency.
- Balances cash drawer independently, maintain cash over and short record within HomeStreet’s compliance policy.
Service Activities (Up to 100% of time)
- Consistently demonstrates proficiency in providing exceptional customer service utilizing the STAR (Seamless, Trustworthy, Attentive, Resourceful) qualities either in person or on the telephone.
- Actively listens to our customers by communicating the customer’s value, thereby maintaining a friendly, positive and professional attitude.
- Resolves difficult situations using the HEAL guidelines of Hearing out the customer, Easing the tension, Acting to improve the situation, and Leaving a positive impression.
- Looks for ways to pleasantly surprise our customers, i.e., doing something above and beyond their expectation that makes them feel special.
- Participates in two community events per year.
New Accounts/Sales Activities (Up to 10% of time)
- Familiar with all bank products and services. May occasionally be assigned new account responsibilities.
- Where appropriate, actively takes advantage of all sales opportunities to cross-sell bank products and services to new and existing customers, ensuring recommended products meet needs of customer. Make referrals to other business units for non-banking products.
- Participates in sales programs to generate new customers.
- Must sell financial products and services to meet referral goals and performance evaluation/personal goals.
- Obtains profitability and personal goals outlined in both incentive programs and performance evaluations.
Operational Activities (Up to 30% of time)
- Performs responsibilities such as filing and maintaining signature cards and certificate copies.
- As requested, assists with branch audit functions.
- Follows HomeStreet’s policies and procedures and all regulatory requirements.
- Performs all other duties as required.
- Minimum 6 months cash handling, customer service, and sales experience, banking preferred.
- Demonstrated success in cross-selling banking services preferred.
- Strong customer relations skills and ability to communicate and work well with employees and customers in a cooperative, positive manner.
- Strong math and computer skills are required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
- Must possess good judgment, and the ability to accept responsibility and handle confidential information.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately, to analyze information and make decisions.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Requires ability to operate teller and office equipment including computers, adding machines, telephones, typewriters, copy machines, fax machines, electronic credit card authorization terminals, and security devices.
- Requires physical exertion of up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (1/3 of the time) and a negligible amount of force frequently (up to 2/3 of the time) to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move self or objects. Frequent (up to 2/3 of the time) standing. Walking, sitting, bending and reaching occasionally and for brief periods of time.
HomeStreet Bank is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, females, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.