Part Time Teller Position
Bank Teller (Part-Time 15-19 Hours) Newcastle
HomeStreet Newcastle Branch
- 6949 Coal Creek Parkway SE, Newcastle, WA 98059
- Monday-Friday: 9am-6pm and Saturday: 9am-1pm
Applicants can apply on-line at www.homestreet.com. Note: A typical schedule would be noon – 6:15 p.m. twice a week; 8:45 a.m. – 1:15 p.m. on Saturdays.
Perform a variety of teller services such as processing deposits, withdrawals, and payments. Process automatic transfers and update customer account information. Where appropriate, explore customer needs and cross-sell bank services. Make appropriate referrals to other business units for non-banking products. At all times, provide superior customer service.
- Provides daily deposit services such as handling deposits, withdrawals, holds, loan payments, travelers checks, stop payments, telephone transfers, direct deposits, cash advances, sight drafts, verifications of deposit, ATM card requests, and other related matters.
- Maintains cash handling within prescribed limits, accurately count, receive and disburse cash, correctly handle mutilated and bait currency.
- Balances cash drawer independently, maintain cash over and short record within HomeStreet’s compliance policy.
Service Activities (Up to 100% of time)
- Consistently demonstrates proficiency in providing exceptional customer service utilizing the STAR (Seamless, Trustworthy, Attentive, Resourceful) qualities either in person or on the telephone.
- Actively listens to our customers by communicating the customer’s value, thereby maintaining a friendly, positive and professional attitude.
- Resolves difficult situations using the HEAL guidelines of Hearing out the customer, Easing the tension, Acting to improve the situation, and Leaving a positive impression.
- Looks for ways to pleasantly surprise our customers, i.e., doing something above and beyond their expectation that makes them feel special.
- Participates in two community events per year.
- New Accounts/Sales Activities (Up to 10% of time)
- Familiar with all bank products and services. May occasionally be assigned new account responsibilities.
- Where appropriate, actively takes advantage of all sales opportunities to cross-sell bank products and services to new and existing customers, ensuring recommended products meet needs of customer. Make referrals to other business units for non-banking products.
- Participates in sales programs to generate new customers.
- Must sell financial products and services to meet referral goals and performance evaluation/personal goals.
- Obtains profitability and personal goals outlined in both incentive programs and performance evaluations.
Operational Activities (Up to 30% of time)
- Performs responsibilities such as filing and maintaining signature cards and certificate copies.
- As requested, assists with branch audit functions.
- Follows HomeStreet’s policies and procedures and all regulatory requirements.
Performs all other duties as required.
About HomeStreet Bank
HomeStreet Bank is one of the largest community banks in the Northwest and Hawaii. Since we began in 1921, we’ve stayed focused on what we believe is most important: building long-term relationships with our customers and providing ongoing support to our communities.
We offer a full range of financial services including commercial banking and lending, consumer banking, mortgage lending, residential construction financing, commercial real estate lending, investment services and insurance services.
Our primary area of community focus is housing and homes. HomeStreet also supports organizations where our employees have an integral involvement. HomeStreet Bank is one of the only financial institutions in the country that has consistently received an “outstanding” rating under the federal Community Reinvestment Act.