City of Bellevue News re Coal Creek Bridge Project
Bellevue has successfully completed the majority of Phase I work on the Coal Creek Bridge project. However, lane closures will remain in place as Olympic Pipeline relocates their pipelines through the end of November.
Note: Lane closures will change from the east side of the Parkway to the west side Oct. 23 while Olympic Pipeline continues their work.
Mid May –
- Bridge construction on Coal Creek Pkwy followed by private utility work and paving.
- One lane will be closed in each direction 24/7 between Forest Dr. and SE 60th St.
- One lane in each direction will be open on the Parkway.
- Dec – Feb: All four lanes should be open. (There will be some periodic lane closures, however, most likely
- during off-peak hours.)
Mar/April -Sept. 2014
- Bridge construction continues on east side of Prkway. Both lanes closed 24/7 between
- Forest Drive and SE 60th St. One lane in each direction will be open on west side of Pkwy.
The Coal Creek Parkway Culvert Replacement project involves:
- Replacing a 45-year-old, deteriorating culvert under Coal Creek Parkway with a new bridge to improve public safety.
- Building a new pedestrian walkway under the bridge that will connect Coal Creek Trail.
- Stream restoration to improve salmon passage