Executive Director at the Newcastle, WA Chamber of Commerce
Part Time, $2,000-$2,500 per month
Under the direction of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director manages the day to day operations of the Newcastle Chamber of Commerce. The Executive Director reports directly to the NCC President and is an ex-officio member of the Chamber Board of Directors.
• The Executive Director is responsible for membership growth and retention.
• The Executive Director must work to foster relationships amongst our members to acquire and cultivate sponsorship for the NCC and our events.
• The Executive Director must uphold the Chamber bylaws, government regulations and the policies established by the Board of Directors. Knowledge and awareness of the Newcastle area and community issues are imperative.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/ or ability required.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
Membership Growth/ Retention and Sponsorship Recruitment Activities:
• Developing and cultivating strong relationships with our membership and potential members
• Recruiting new members to the NCC and working to retain current members
• Solicitation and management of sponsorship for the NCC and events
• Collection of the annual Chamber membership dues and keeping accurate records of all membership activity
• Accurate bookkeeping, recording and submission of all monies to the Board of Directors.
• Maintain accurate records of event and other expenses
• Report to Board of Directors on a monthly basis regarding expenses — regular monthly expenses and any outstanding and/ or upcoming expenses
• Oversee the organization’s website, newsletter, news releases, email campaigns and all other means of communication necessary to promote the organization, disseminate information, and provide a return on investment to the membership and promote professionalism for the Chamber.
• Coordinate the activities of the NCC committees, ensuring that communication among committees is well established; assist committee volunteers with implementation of work plan items and goals
• Provide monthly reports to the Board President regarding the current activities of the Ambassadors, new members, existing members, events, etc.
• Attend all Board of Director meetings and be prepared to respond to any questions regarding upcoming events and/ or day-to-day operations of the Chamber office
• Act as an Ex-Officio member of the Board of Directors
• Foster strong and productive relationships within the Newcastle area
Event Planning Activities:
• Coordinate, promote, and facilitate all NCC sponsored events in conjunction with the Board of Directors and volunteer leadership including Monthly Luncheons, Business After Hours, Business Before Hours, Newcastle Days Beer Garden, Diamond Awards, and other events sponsored by the NCC
• Assist the various committees in planning and hosting their events
• Must possess excellent communication skills
• Proficient on Microsoft Office applications and general office equipment.
• Ability to use social media for general promotion of Chamber activity and membership support (Facebook, Twitter, and WordPress)
• Must possess strong organizational, multi-tasking and prioritization skills
• Adept at public speaking and media relations
• Must demonstrate strong work ethic and personal and professional standards
• Must be able to work evenings and weekends when required
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree preferred, but would consider equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must possess a minimum of 3-5 years applicable experience.
• The Executive Director should have education and/or experience in one or more of the following areas: commercial district management, economics, finance, public relations, event organization and planning, business administration, public administration, retailing, and volunteer or non-profit administration.
• The Director must be entrepreneurial, energetic, imaginative, well-organized, and capable of functioning effectively in an independent environment.
• Supervisory skills are desirable.
Application Deadline: March 6, 2015
Please provide a cover letter and resume to:
Sara Biancofiori firstname.lastname@example.org
Newcastle Chamber of Commerce President