BURGLARY – LOOKING FOR VIDEO OR WITNESSES
From the Newcastle Police Department:
On Sunday, March 15, 2015, between 8:50 a.m. and 12:30 p.m., a burglary occurred in the 11900 block of SE 92nd Street (Windtree neighborhood).
We are looking for any video surveillance or witnesses that saw or may have had contact with any suspects. We have not clearly identified any suspects, but one witness reported two possible suspects both wearing raincoats near the home between 11 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. – a white male, 20’s, carrying a backpack, and white female, 20’s, with a ponytail.
If you have a video system that may show these people or any suspects during the overall listed time range, please contact Detective Christy Marsalisi at 206-263-9140and reference case number 15-073565.
Residents have been great about taking photos, writing down license plate numbers and calling us when they see suspicious activity. Please continue to do so, while making sure you remain safe.
This is also a good reminder to take precautions to prevent a burglary of your home or shed. Some items we recommend include:
- Lock your doors, windows and garage door even when you are home.
- If you have an alarm system, use it (it does not have to be monitored to be effective).
- If you do not want to talk to someone at your door, tell them “no thank you” through the door. You do not need to open the door.
- Use timers on lights and radios to make your home appear occupied when you are away.
- Stop your mail or have a trusted neighbor or friend pick it up when you are away.
- Take advantage of the Newcastle Police Vacation House Check program. Forms may be submitted through the City’s website, www.ci.newcastle.wa.us, or at City Hall.
We also encourage you to work with your neighbors to prevent crimes in your area. If you would like more information about a Block Watch program, please contact Officer Kathy Decker, email@example.com
If at any time you observe criminal or suspicious activity, do not hesitate to call 911 or the non-emergency dispatch number, 206-296-3311.
Please share this E-alert with your neighbors. If this was forwarded to you from your neighbors and you would like to sign up to receive E-Alerts (we send out 10-15 per year), go to http://www.ci.newcastle.wa.us/